One of the most popular recipes that I ever put on my blog was my Basil Vinaigrette. People went nuts for how it added the perfect pop of acidity to just about anything. This is the same basic recipe but calls for cilantro instead of basil, which has the same all-purpose versatility but with more of a Tex-Mex vibe.
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a high-powered blender, combine the shallot, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, oil, vinegar, and salt. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until very smooth.
- Adjust the salt as needed and season with pepper.
The dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.