Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans
Turn this dish into a weeknight fiesta! Serve with flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa, black olives and green chilies and let everyone make their own wrap.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut up in thin slices (like you would for a stir-fry)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix (or 1¼ oz. of loose)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ onion diced
- ¼ cup water
- olive oil
- fresh jalapeno slices (optional)
- fresh cilantro minced (optional)
- Add olive oil to skillet (enough to cook the chicken). Cook the chicken in skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook until translucent.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans and water and mix well with onion. Cook uncovered over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add chicken back in and mix well with other ingredients.
- Serve with fresh jalapeno slices. and cilantro.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.