Sweet Potato Chips
The secret to crisp sweet potato chips is to fry them in small batches, in peanut oil, at a low temperature. This makes 6 servings when served as a side but will be plenty for 10 appetizer servings.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled about 2 pounds
- 4-6 cups peanut oil
- Kosher salt
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/16-inch-thick slices, using a mandolin.
- Pour peanut oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat to 300°F.
- Fry potato slices in small batches, stirring often, 4 to 4 1/2 minutes or until crisp.
- Drain on a wire rack over paper towels and immediately sprinkle with desired amount of cosher salt.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.
This recipe is from the Southern Living website (https://www.southernliving.com/syndication/sweet-potato-chips-0)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.