Thomas Keller's Vine-Ripe Tomato Sorbet with Tomato Tartare and Chive Oil
Servings 6 servings
- 1 vine-ripe tomato peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Fleur de sel
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp minced shallots
- ⅙ tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp minced chives
- Balsamic Glaze in a squeeze bottle (see separate recipe)
- Chive Oil (see separate recipe)
- Tomato Sorbet made with Mandarin tomatoes or other vine-ripe tomatoes (see separate recipe)
- 6 Garlic Tuiles (see separate recipe)
- Toss the tomato with a sprinkling of fleur de sel and allow it to drain in a strainer set over a bowl for 1 hour. Discard any liquid.
- Combine the tomato with the remaining tartare ingredients and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Pipe dots of balsamic glaze along one side of each serving plate (chill plates for a few hours before).
- Place a larger dot of chive oil in the center of each plate.
- Tope each pool of chive oil with a spoonful of tomato tartare, place a quenelle, or small scoop, of sorbet on the tartare, and sprinkle with a few grains of fleur de self.
- Lean a garlic tuile on each quenelle of sorbet and serve immediately.