Thomas Keller's Herb Salad
Gently mix the herbs just before serving. TK not only uses herbs to flavor dishes in his cooking and as garnish, he also serves them on their own in the form of an herb salad. Use small sprigs of tender herbs such as chervil, chives, parsley, cilantro, and thyme leaves. For herbs with harder stems such as thyme, use just the leaves; because when they're fresh and whole, they're powerful, so you need only a small quantity.
- 2½ tbsp Italian parsley leaves
- 2½ tbsp chervil in small clusters
- 2 tbsp chive tips about 1 inch long
- 1 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp thyme leaves for fish dishes only
- 1 tbsp chive or thyme flowers