This sauce is so freaking good it goes beyond words. Put on vegetables, chicken or just eat it up with a spoon!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil you can use any cooking oil if you're not a fan of coconut oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1½ tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red curry powder
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 grated zest and juice of lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black powder
- Heat the cooking fat in a medium skillet over medium heat. When the fat is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring quickly.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute while continuing to stir.
- Add both curry powders and stir quickly for 30 seconds to open up the flavor of the spices. Once fragrant, add the coconut milk.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to simmer (not boil) until the mixture thickens a bit, 8 to 10 minutes. (It will continue to thicken as it cools.)
- Season with the lime zest and juice, salt and pepper.
Keep warm and serve right away, or let the flavors develop even further in the refrigerator; it'll keep for about 5 days. (Note, the coconut milk will solidify in the cold, so pull it out of the fridge and let it come back to room temperature before serving.)