The perfect topping for a grilled steak.
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 shallot peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- salt and pepper
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the garlic and shallot in 1 tablespoon olive oil and arrange on the banking sheet. Season evenly with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until the cloves are soft throughout.
- Transfer the garlic and shallots to a food processor, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and puree. Transfer the puree to a dish, cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
Roasting the shallot and garlic imparts a rich, deep flavor to this puree. Recipe adapted from Whole30 Cookbook (Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig)