Well Fed's Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed parsley leaves minced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, then stir in the fresh parsley and oregano.
This sauce tastes best when served at room temperature, but should be refrigerated if you're not going to eat it within the hour. It can be kept for 2-3 days without diminishing its dazzling flavor. From Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan (page 55)