Whole30 Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
For the Vinaigrette
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
For the Salad
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2-3 cups sugar snap peas trimmed and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 green onions sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted (see separate instructions)
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
Make the Vinaigrette
- In a small jar with a lid, combine the coconut aminos, orange juice, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt, black paper, and cayenne. Cover the jar and shake vigorously to blend.
For the Salad
- In a very large bowl, combine the napa cabbage, green cabbage, snow peas, red cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and green onions.
- Add the chicken, almonds, and sesame seeds and toss to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast in a preheated 375°F oven, stirring once, until fragrant and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool before chopping.
From The Whole30 Cookbook - recipe by Nan and Nicole of Whole Sisters (page 116)