Cold Thai Salad
Crunchy, light Asian salad, perfect for lunch or as a tasty side for diner.
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Sunshine Sauce
- Peel the zucchini with a regular peeler. Then, slice the zucchini into thin ribbons on a mandolin. Discard the core.
- Peel the cucumber with a regular peeler. Then, slice the cucumber into thin ribbons on a mandolin. Discard the core.
- Place the zucchini and cucumber noodles in a medium mixing bowl. Add the shredded carrots, bean sprouts if using, most of the chopped cashews, and most of the cilantro. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon (or more) of water to the Sunshine Sauce to thin it out to the consistency of a creamy dressing and pour over the chilled salad, stirring well to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining cashews and cilantro and serve.
Skip the 30 minutes of chill time by placing the zucchini, cucumber, carrots and bean sprouts int he fridge the night before you prepare the dish. Recipe adapted from The Whole 30 (original book by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig)