Spa-Style Stuffed Potato
- 1 baking potato washed
- canola oil just enough to coat the potato for roasting
- 1½ tbsp butter sprinkles (clarified butter is a great choice if you have it)
- ¼ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp fresh herbs (chives, parsley, dill and/or green onions) minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potato on a baking sheet. Rub canola oil and bake for 1 hour, making sure they're sufficiently cooked through.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- With a sharp knife, cut the potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into a mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
- With a fork, blend the potato pulp with the cottage cheese, butter sprinkles, chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
- Stuff mixture firmly into the potato shell. Reheat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To serve, top with more fresh herbs.
The herbs are best fresh, however if you only have dried, that should work in a pinch and the taste will still be excellent. Also, for a quicker meal, use the microwave, or simple cube and boil the potatoes, add the ingredients, mash with a fork, and enjoy as is!