Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (Pesto Rosso)
With its vibrant color and deep, lightly-tangy flavor, this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a unique and versatile condiment.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (the jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil at Trader Joes is exactly 1 cup) - drain oil into a measuring cup and set aside
- ⅓ cup almonds unsalted, dry roasted
- 2-3 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil top off olive oil from the jar until you have exactly 1 cup
- Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into a measuring cup. Top off the oil with additional EVOO to reach exactly 1 cup of oil.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until all ingredients are finely chopped. Stop the food processor and scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator, for 5-7 days.
- Serve tossed with pasta, spread onto crostini, as a sandwich spread, or with your favorite meats and seafood. If refrigerated and not heating for a recipe, let the Pesto Rosso return to room temperature before serving.