Sundara's Roasted Beet Salad with Herb Goat Cheese
For the Goat Cheese Log:
- 11 oz goat cheese log
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 tsp fresh chives chopped
- 4 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 4 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 large roasted beets peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 herb goat cheese log sliced into ¼-inch slices
- drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- 1 tbsp pine notes for garnis
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the Goat Cheese Log:
- Place goat cheese and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Fold the cheeses together by hand.
- Add herbs, salt, and pepper, and continue to fold together until well mixed.
- Roll the cheese between your palms to form a cylinder. Wrap tightly with clear plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours prior to serving.
Assemble the Salad:
- Prepare the roasted beets, then peel and slice the beets ¼-inch in thickness.
- Shingle a beet slice and alternate with a goat cheese slice.
- When you are done shingling the beets and goat cheese, drizzle balsamic reduction over the salad and garnish with toasted pine nuts and salt and pepper.
From Energize Your Soul: Wellness Cuisine for All Seasons by Sundara (pages 77 and 86).