Watercress Salad with Cuban Mojo Vinaigrette
The vinaigrette for the salad features the flavors of a classic Cuban mojo, a sauce made with olive oil, garlic, orange or lime juice, and cumin.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 rings fresh pineapple (1 inch thick) (canned pineapple works as well)
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed (can use 3 cups baby arugula if you can't find watercress)
- ½ ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- red onion slivers
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- IN a ceramic nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pineapple rings and cook, turning once, until caramelized, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let the pineapple cool slightly and then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place the watercress in a medium bowl and toss with half the vinaigrette.
- Arrange the watercress on a platter and top with the pineapple and avocado. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with red onion.
From The Whole30 Cookbook by Melissa Hartwig (page 82).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.