Amuse Bouche - Chilled Cucumber Dill Soup
Chilled cucumber dill soup with green onions, chicken broth and cream blended together and served in shot glasses over ice. An easy, gourmet Amuse Bouche.
Servings 2 cups
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put cucumber, onion and chicken broth in a small saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until softened.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree with dill and cream until smooth; add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Pour into a container with a pouring spot. Cover and refrigerate to chill until ready to serve (allow 4 hours minimum).
- Place crushed ice on a serving try; pour 1-2 ounces of soup into each shot glass, arrange on the tray and serve your guests.